Κυριακή 10 Αυγούστου 2008

Welcome

Well…. Here I am entering the blogging community.

To be honest I was not always excited with the idea, or to be more precise, it somehow scared me. And that’s for two reasons.

The first is that I prefer personal contact from the online one. (Not to mention that sometimes I have the impression that people live only in an online world).

I mean, if you are planning to argue with someone, to disagree, to have fight, to swear at him (that’s not so politically correct I know….) you should be (at least) doing in his face.

(A small parenthesis here: Μy 17 year old neighbor proudly told us the other day that he met a girl. And the first thing he asked her was: do you have msn? do you have facebook ?

So then what? We asked.

I came home and I am waiting for her to come online.

......!!!!

Perhaps I am too conservative, or too old….

But I intend to keep my reservations concerning this kind of communication, till we‘ve reached the point of having online sex :-)

Fair enough!

Problem is…. Finding a volunteer to argue, disagree or swear at (don’t worry I am not planning to swear at people….. or lets put it more politely … to have a descent Dialektik), at the point you need one.

Well that’s difficult.

And the f*** internet is helpful when it comes to that. Not only that, you can so it with people sitting their ass anywhere in the globe.

The second reason goes beyond the need for discussion. Having your own blog seems like carrying a responsibility….. it demands consistency…. And even worse… You let yourself being exposed!

And most of my life I tend to observe people rather than to expose myself.

Am I taking this too seriously?

…..

A great big Welcome to all.

Hope to see you around sometimes.

Στέλιος

PS1. The initial idea is that each new theme will be posted both in Greek and in English (don’t expect exact translations… this one is not an exact translation either). I hope I ll be able to keep up with it.

PS2. Papalagi is the white man from the perspective of a “savage”…. One day we ll talk about it as well

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: